Saturday 13 August 2016

My scraffito at THe Winchcombe Pottery

Years ago I used to have a painting workshop at The Winchcombe Pottery. I used to chat with Ray and Mike Finch, Eddie Hopkins and visiting potters, but didn't have a go. A few more years later I used to swap eggs for egg cups with Ray Finch......but it was only last year that I started working with clay.
winchcombe pottery
Blackbird by Katie Morgan
Last October I joined a Saturday morning class at the famous Winchcombe PotteryMatt Grimmitt taught us all and after my many attempts at slip decoration , told me about scraffito.....I am now completely hooked! I love Thomas Toft slipware dishes but I find that my style of illustration seems to work well on the earthenware pots.

winchcombe pottery
Geese by Katie Morgan
Matt kindly made me some mugs and I decorated them giving them to friends and family as Christmas presents. 

winchcombe pottery
Pigeon by Katie Morgan
This year I am achieving one of my ambitions by decorating platters celebrating Winchombe Potteries 90th Anniversary. They are made by Matt so have three marksThe Winchcombe Pottery, Matt Grimmit and my own.

winchcombe pottery
Pigeon by Katie Morgan
These celebration plates will be available to buy from The Winchcombe Pottery.

winchcombe pottery
Apples by Katie Morgan


All photographs taken by Alison Morgan - AlisonMPhotography

No comments:

Post a Comment